Sunday, October 18, 2009

In which we discover my passion for spongy things

And in fact I am updating on a Sunday.  I'm awake because I'm showing my room to potential sublet'ers, actively trying to become homeless in expectation of moving back to Rochester in January.

Some of these were taken at home, in mom's full-fledged kitchen.  "A person could learn to cook here!" I exclaimed but she quickly gutted my enthusiasm by pointing out the electric range. 


le macro



ma getting her chop on



Vegetable curry pocket.  The oh-so-flaky store-bought pastry dough is somehow the star here.



A stuffed eggplant dish.  Definitely got the idea off the internet.  Slice like making garlic bread (not all the way through) and weave onions and tomatoes and garlic between.  Add olive oil and you are all set for caramelization (this is the Before Picture when everything still has structural integrity).



naan! (too crispy) and home-made hummus! (a brilliant idea never buy in the store again.  Throw a can of chickpeas in the blender with some of its water and olive oil; lemon juice and tahini if you like.  Roasted pepper variation involves involve igniting red peppers, waving them at your roommates.)


 
Sesame hamburger buns!



I'm realizing this picture is only appetizing to hungry omnivores, and even they will get mad because it will make them more hungry.  But it's important to show the crumb in the hamburger buns: they were quite edible. 


No comments:

Post a Comment